OPTIMIST CANSAIL 2
Age Range: 8-12
Mon-Fri 8:45am – 4:00pm
The CANSail 2 program will focus on developing consistent execution of the fundamental skills introduced in CANSail 1. Participants will develop their wind recognition skills, upwind sailing ability and will be introduced to the basics of racing.
This course is offered in four two-week sessions. Upon successful completion of the skills checklist, sailors will be awarded a certificate of achievement.
One week sessions are available upon request. Recommended minimum to attain CANSail certification is two weeks.
Optimal Sailor Weight Range:
35 – 45 kg
Weight range is the optimal and recommended for performing the required skills for this program.
Sailors will learn:
- Trim sails accurately on all points of sail
- Control a boats direction and balance through a tack or gybe
- Tie a reef knot, figure 8, and bowline while rigging\
- Right a turtled boat and continue sailing
- Accelerate and stop their boat
SCHEDULE for BOATING
|3* + 4||Jul 3||Jul 13|
|5 + 6||Jul 16||Jul 27|
|7 + 8**||Jul 30||Aug 10|
|9 + 10||Aug 13||Aug 24|
PRICING for OPTIMIST CANSAIL LEVEL 2
HST is extra for kids 14 and up
* Camp Closed Mon, July 2 Canada Day Holiday
** Camp Closed Mon, Aug 6 Simcoe Day Holiday
PRICING FOR 4-DAY SESSIONS WILL BE PRO-RATED AT 80% OF THE STANDARD WEEKLY RATE